10 Immune-Boosting Supplements to Add to Your Diet
Your immune system is constantly defending your body against pathogens, including viruses, toxins, and bacteria. In addition to following a healthy diet and getting enough sleep and exercise, supplements can be a great way to support an overall healthy lifestyle.
10 Immune-Boosting Supplements
- 1. Vitamin A
- Vitamin A promotes immune tolerance and is essential for energy homeostasis. Vitamin A is found in foods such as eggs, fortified cereals, and orange or yellow vegetables and fruits.
- 2. Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B6 is responsible for producing white blood cells and T cells, which regulate immune responses. Vitamin B6 is found in a wide variety of foods, including poultry, fish, peanuts, wheatgerm, and oats.
- 3. Vitamin C
- Vitamin C improves the health of leukocytes, a type of white blood cells that help fight infections. Good sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, tomatoes, broccoli, and potatoes.
- 4. Vitamin D
- Vitamin D can improve your innate and adaptive immune responses, increase antimicrobial peptides, and help defeat pathogens. Vitamin D is found in oily fish, red meat, liver, and egg yolks.
- 5. Vitamin E
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps your body fight off infection. It is also found in higher concentration in immune cells compared to other cells in your blood. Healthy sources of vitamin E include vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds.
- 6. Curcumin
- Curcumin is naturally found in the turmeric plant and helps boost your immune system and fight against viral replication. Curcumin is also shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anticarcinogenic potential, which aids in suppressing inflammatory molecules that are responsible for viral damage.
- 7. Echinacea
- Echinacea is a flowering plant that is known for its beneficial effects on the immune system. This plant is beneficial for increasing the number of white blood cells, which fight infections. Echinacea may also help combat infections and viruses, which could help you recover faster from illness.
- 8. Iron
- Iron is essential for immune cells proliferation and maturation. A lack of iron can harm your body’s natural ability to fight infection. Iron is found in red meats, fish, poultry, beans, lentils, and tofu.
- 9. Selenium
- Selenium helps lower oxidative stress in your body, reduce inflammation, and assists in the activation and functions of T and B cells. Selenium is found in pork, beef, turkey, chicken, nuts, and eggs.
- 10. Zinc
- Zinc is important for wound healing, metabolism function, and inhibits the replication of viruses such as poliovirus and SARS-coronavirus. Zinc is found in seafood, whole grains, legumes, seeds, nuts, and dairy products.
Where Can I Order High-Quality Supplements?
At Central Drugs, we offer a wide variety of high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade supplements for a variety of medical conditions, including diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, female and male health, prostate health, and bone and joint health. To order any of the supplements discussed in this article, call one of our friendly pharmacists at (877) 447-7077 or email us at email@example.com. We ship all products within 24 hours and we also offer same day shipping for those who may need it!